The Virginia State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation's Appomattox Field Office is investigating the discovery of human remains in the Town of Amherst.
At approximately 4 p.m. Wednesday (Oct. 6, 2021), a survey crew discovered human remains in a wooded area within the 100 block of Loch Lane, police say. The remains were found at the top of a ravine approximately 40 yards from the nearest building.
The remains were transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Roanoke for positive identification, autopsy and examination. The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
- Sheriff's office seeks man wanted for multiple felonies
- Crews respond to single vehicle crash in Concord area
- Arrest made in death of Josh Rone
- Thunderstorms, tornado possible in Central, Southern Virginia today
- Award-winning country music veteran charms audience in local church
- One dead after Campbell County crash
- FBI Richmond offers reward for information regarding Lynchburg woman's murder
- Avoca hosts annual volunteer dinner
- Bees all smiles for homecoming queen, king
- Mutual aid called to fight large Campbell County brush fire
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.