Virginia will move into Phase 3 of the Commonwealth's reopening plan beginning Wednesday, July 1, Gov. Ralph Northam said in a press conference Tuesday from Richmond.
As Northam announced last Thursday, some restrictions will still be in order while others are eased.
Highlights of Phase 3 will include the following:
- Social distancing restrictions are required.
- Face coverings are required in public indoor buildings.
- Social gathering maximum will increase to 250.
- Non-essential retail businesses, restaurants and beverage services may return to full capacity with social distancing guidelines.
- Personal grooming businesses must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Recreational sporting activities must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Entertainment facilities such as museums, zoos, and outdoor venues may open at 50 percent capacity with limits of 1,000 people.
- Gyms, fitness centers and swimming pools may open at 75 percent capacity.
- Overnight summer camps remain closed.
For more news such as this, pick up a copy of the Altavista Journal in stores throughout Altavista, Hurt, southern Campbell and Northern Pittsylvania counties. Or subscribe to the Journal by calling 434.369.6688.